prodding : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something
the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves
- v to push against gently
- v urge on; cause to act
- v poke or thrust abruptly
- That too featured your favorite minority emblems loudmouthed Italian fathers in undershirts, shrewish Jewish mamas nagging at the small fry and prodding their older progeny to .
- Under prodding from PTI's JYOTI THOTTAM, the panel wrestled with issues of policy, politics and economic philosophy, sometimes clashing sharply.
- But at first with prodding from his union, and then on his own, Monegan began telling people about the persistent pressure he claimed to have felt, in the months leading up to his .
News & Articles
- Obama Making New Pitch to Pass Immigration Reform
U.S. President Barack Obama is prodding Congress to pass legislation overhauling the nation's immigration system. The White House says Mr. Obama is promoting the economic and national security benefits of a bipartisan bill being considered in the U.S. Senate, where the first votes are scheduled later in the day. The president is joining a cross-section of leaders from the business, labor and ...
June 11, 2013 - Voice of America
- State will review rail corridor plan
After plenty of prodding, state officials have decided to revisit the management plan for the much-debated Adirondack railroad corridor between Lake Placid and Remsen.
June 7, 2013 - Adirondack Daily Enterprise
- Broadband-for-Schools Project Announced
MOORESVILLE, N.C. – President Obama on Thursday called for wider access to high-speed Internet in schools, prodding the Federal Communications Commission to work toward an aggressive goal that he first proposed in 2008. “In a country where we expect free WiFi with our coffee, why...
June 6, 2013 - ABC News
- Matthew Knights in Sydney Morning Herald
He showed a lot of maturity,Knights said. "He got challenged a couple of times last week physically and they were prodding him a little bit, but he didn't lose focus. As a coach when you watch a couple of the goals he kicked - at the game...
- Clark Hunt in Forbes
When it was Dad's turn, he did not hesitate in responding with `Arrowhead Stadium,'Clark Hunt said. "After a little prodding from the other guests, he went on to explain that no place on earth brought him more joy than the home of the...
- Maria Cantwell in Mid Columbia Tri City Herald
It's not something I do routinely,Cantwell said. "But the public needs to know they are doing nothing and I am tired of prodding them."