- n a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something
- n the act of earnestly supporting or encouraging
- n insistent solicitation and entreaty
- v force or impel in an indicated direction
- v push for something
- v spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
- Eventually, at the urging of members of her community, and in the face of a hospital threat of a court order to thwart her, Claudette Jackson had Henry transferred to nearby .
- His group wages vigorous letter-writing campaigns urging motels to remove the phrase, which is found mostly outside independently owned motels because franchise agreements restrict .
- Churches are urging spouses to have hot sex (body massage and oral sex encouraged) and lots of it.
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
If an American company wants to create jobs and grow, we should be there to help them do it,Obama told an audience at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. "That's why I'm urging Congress to invest $5 billion more in these kinds of clean...
- Lou Dobbs in ABC News
Some leaders in the media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond my role here at CNN and engage in constructive problem-solving,said Dobbs.
- Condoleezza Rice in Special Broadcasting Service
US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says: "Whatever happens, we will be urging for a quick return to a constitutional order, we will be urging that the commitment to hold free and fair elections be kept and we would be urging calm among the...