- n a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something
- n any sharply pointed projection
- n tubular extension at the base of the corolla in some flowers
- n a sharp prod fixed to a rider's heel and used to urge a horse onward
cowboys know not to squat with their spurs on
- n a railway line connected to a trunk line
- v incite or stimulate
The Academy was formed to spur research
- v give heart or courage to
- v strike with a spur
- v goad with spurs
the rider spurred his horse
- v equip with spurs
- Pavlenko said Ukraine was grateful for the singer's charity work and expressed hope that his desire to adopt Lev would spur the domestic adoption of more children with health .
- It will also include incentives for corporate investment and tax breaks to spur small-business purchases of new equipment.
- After floating debris and oils ignited in 1969, the public outcry over this burning river in Ohio helped spur the Clean Water Act and the creation of the Environmental Protection .
News & Articles
- Cuomo proposes to make SUNY campuses tax-free
Will it spur new businesses or leave out already-established employers out in the cold? Those were some of the questions a surrogate of Governor Cuomo answered at Broome Community College Tuesday as she pitched Cuomo's Tax-Free New York proposal. The bill would establish 64 SUNY campuses as tax-free zones for businesses that create new jobs. Deputy Secretary of State Dierdre Scozzafava says a ...
June 12, 2013 - FOX 40 Binghamton
- Japan Power Industry Bill Gets First Nod to Break Up Monopolies
The first phase of a proposal to revamp Japan’s 16 trillion yen ($166 billion) electricity industry and spur competitition by making utilities split power generation and distribution passed a lower house committee.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Brownfield Areas Designated to Spur Development
In a move designed to spur economic development, city commissioners have approved the designation of more than 800 acres as brownfield areas.
June 10, 2013 - The Lakeland Ledger
- President Bush in Xinhua
We expect they will use it to boost consumer spending and that will spur job creation as well,Bush said in Friday's statement.
- Ben Bernanke in The Age
One option is for the Fed to buy "longer-term Treasury or agency securities on the open market in substantial quantities," Bernanke said. "This approach might influence the yields on these securities, thus helping to spur aggregate demand."
- Barack Obama in KHON2
To regenerate a severed spinal cord and lift someone from a wheelchair. to spur insulin production and spare a child from a lifetime of needles,said President Obama.