opposed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be against; express opposition to
- v fight against or resist strongly
- v contrast with equal weight or force
- v set into opposition or rivalry
- v act against or in opposition to
- v be resistant to
The board opposed his motion
- a being in opposition or having an opponent
two bitterly opposed schools of thought
- Late last week, and with little fanfare, Palin began claiming at rallies and in a radio interview that Obama had once opposed providing medical care for certain newborn babies, who .
- The Chiefs were unanimously opposed.
- All are staunchly opposed to medical intervention in the case of illness, preferring instead to depend upon prayer to do the healing.
News & Articles
- Salt Lake City poised to raise property taxes; Mayor Becker still opposed
Salt Lake City poised to raise property taxes; Mayor Becker still opposed by Christopher Smart The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 11, 2013 08:46PM MDT You can take it out of the bank: the Salt Lake City Council has five votes to raise an additional $7 million in property taxes. The official vote is expected next week. The tax increase would be equivalent to $59.40 on a house valued at $250,000 ...
June 12, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Developer withdraws proposal for Dartmouth dorm complex
Residents who opposed the project cheered Tuesday night when a developer looking to build a 504-bed dorm complex on Old Westport Road withdrew his petition.
June 12, 2013 - The Standard-Times
- NEW INFORMATION: Democrats delay vote on bill requiring ultrasound
Democrats opposed the measure during debate Tuesday. The bill will return to the Republican-controlled Senate the next time it is in session, likely next week.
June 11, 2013 - WEAU Eau Claire
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
I know the Democratic leaders have opposed some of these policies in the past,Bush said. "Now that their opposition has helped drive gas prices to record levels, I ask them to reconsider their positions. If congressional leaders leave for...
- Barack Obama in AFP
For while Senator McCain was turning his sights to Iraq just days after 9/11, I stood up and opposed this war, knowing that it would distract us from the real threats we face,Obama said in late August.
- John McCain in Newsday
Senator Obama opposed the new strategy, and, after promising not to, voted to deny funds to the soldiers who have done a brilliant and brave job of carrying it out,McCain said.