- v make ready for action or use
- v call to arms; of military personnel
- v get ready for war
- v cause to move around
- Technology is tipping the political balance away from the state and toward activists who can now mobilize instantly Europe Tests Waters of e-Politics.
- Although his Mahdi Army was small and loosely organized, he was able to quickly mobilize tens of thousands of Shi'ites from Baghdad to Basra.
- In 2004 his passion to mobilize progressives against Bush's war, and for the election of a Democratic President, landed him the job as host of a daily, three-hour talk show on the .
News & Articles
- Stop Watching Us Plans Next Move Against NSA
The Stop Watching Us campaign will test its ability to mobilize opposition to the National Security Agency’s controversial surveillance programs with a national call-in day to Capitol Hill lawmakers this Tuesday, Rainey Reitman of the Electronic Frontier Foundation tells TIME. The coalition of civil liberties groups began its efforts last Tuesday, when the site launched a petition urging ...
June 15, 2013 - Swampland
- Northern Shield Prepares to Mobilize to Greenland
Northern Shield Prepares to Mobilize to Greenland
June 13, 2013 - CNW Group via Yahoo! Finance
- Czech Premier Fights to Survive as Police Hold Close Aide
Czech Prime Minister Necas will battle to mobilize support for his government among lawmakers and fend off opposition calls for early elections after police detained one of his closest aides in a raid of his office.
June 13, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Barack Obama in NECN
We've directed BP to mobilize additional equipment and technology. In the coming weeks and days, these efforts should capture up to 90-percent of the oil leaking out of the well,the president said.
- Bronislaw Komorowski in The Associated Press
In life as in football, overtime is the most difficult. Let's not forget that and let's mobilize all our forces for the grand finale on July 4,he said.
- Al Gore in USA Today
It is time to make peace with the planet,Gore said in his acceptance speech in which he quoted Winston Churchill, Mahatma Gandhi and the Bible. "We must quickly mobilize our civilization with the urgency and resolve that has previously...