modulate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v change the key of, in music
modulate the melody
- v vary the pitch of one's speech
- v fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of
modulate the pitch
- v adjust the pitch, tone, or volume of
- v vary the frequency, amplitude, phase, or other characteristic of (electromagnetic waves)
- Front man Serj Tankian has a soaring voice, but as he demonstrates on standouts Chop Suey! and Forest, he knows how to modulate, sounding like an angry cantor one moment and a .
- In doing so, they often amplify the ups and downs of markets rather than modulate them.
- Whirling around the antenna core, these rods, set at different modulations, "tag" (modulate) the signals as they go out.
News & Articles
- Posttraumatic stress disorder treatment: Genetic predictor of response to exposure therapy
( Elsevier ) There is growing evidence that a gene variant that reduces the plasticity of the nervous system also modulates responses to treatments for mood and anxiety disorders. In this case, patients with posttraumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, with a less functional variant of the gene coding for brain-derived neurotrophic factor, responded less well to exposure therapy.
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Anuradha Paudwal in Sify
Anuradha Paudwal said, "Lata Mangeshkar is a perfect example of a playback singer who can modulate her voice according to various song situations and suit characters as per their age and social status."
- Tak Wah Mak in EurekAlert (press release)
The results of our Phase I trials show DG051 to be well tolerated and to provide a potent means of reining in the activity of the pathway our research has shown to modulate risk of heart attack. This latest study also provides us with... Kari Stefansson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%A1ri_Stef%C3%A1nsson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE4zlrENEs81XVNitp9yN9A9qxqlQ PR Newswire (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl%3FACCT%3D104%26STORY%3D/www/story/05-01-2007/0004577444%26EDATE%3D&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNETFrugmhjBmRRtLxutd1uj7Xj12Q May 1, 2007
64632 85835 modulate Our results demonstrate that DJ-1 negatively regulates PTEN function, and that this cell survival control mechanism is conserved among various tissues and species. Taken together, our data suggest that overexpression of DJ-1 can modulate PTEN tumor...