- v make repairs, renovations, revisions or adjustments to
- v become technologically advanced
- He set out to cut spending by $640 million and launched a $879 million three-year program to modernize several outdated plants and build a new one.
- Inspired by painters like Abstract Expressionist Franz Kline, Bierut found that zooming in on the details of the cursive lettering would modernize it.
- Henry II encouraged the "whiz kids" like Robert McNamara and Arjay Miller to modernize management, which put the company back on track.
News & Articles
- U.S. arms companies see rising foreign demand
By Andrea Shalal-Esa PARIS (Reuters) - U.S. arms makers see rising foreign demand for fighter jets, missile defense systems and other weapons as countries modernize their forces and U.S. officials, facing tighter budgets, encourage allies to invest more in intelligence gathering and aerial refueling equipment. U.S. Air Force arms sales doubled from 2005 to 2011 and will likely remain strong in ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Hinkle's history to remain through renovations
Butler University is spending $34 million to modernize Hinkle Fieldhouse without sacrificing that sense of history fans expect when they walk through the doors.
June 19, 2013 - WTHR Indianapolis
- PPL lists local power grid upgrades
Utility plans $27 million worth of improvements in 2013 PPL Electric Utilities on Wednesday released details of its 2013 plan to modernize facilities, build new substations and make distribution system improvements aimed at improving reliability for customers in the Lehigh Valley, Bucks and Montgomery counties.
June 19, 2013 - The Morning Call
- Barack Obama in AFP
We can reallocate funding to help them modernize their facilities, increase the quality of online courses and ultimately meet the goal of graduating five million more Americans from community colleges by 2020,Obama said.
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We will work to strengthen and modernize our nations' financial systems so we can help ensure that this crisis doesn't happen again,Bush said at the Camp David presidential retreat.
- Chris Dodd in Los Angeles Times
The testimony will "guide us as we continue our work on a bill to modernize financial regulations," Dodd said.