- n a covering of coarse fabric (usually of straw or hemp)
- n mounting consisting of a border or background for a picture
- v twist together or entwine into a confusing mass
- v change texture so as to become matted and felt-like
- Squatting on prayer rugs and matting, his congregation droned with him, sometimes leaning forward, touching their Korans with their foreheads.
News & Articles
- A Plus Warehouse Introduces Swimming Pool Matting for the Summer
A Plus Warehouse has sold mats for many years and is pleased to add another type to the already great collection. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/matting/swimming-pool-matting/prweb10823965.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Photo workshops just in time for club contest
The Southwest Missouri Camera Club is offering a series of workshops including basic photography, a focus on flowers, and a matting and framing course, just in time for the annual Nature in the Park Photography Contest.
June 13, 2013 - The Springfield News-Leader
- Stephen Farrell in Times Online
We absolutely expected [the kidnappers] to cut us down as they ran,recalled Farrell. "We were crouching targets in a long, narrow room devoid of anything but walls and matting. We were no longer of any use to them."
- Ayub Khan in CricInfo.com
I beg your pardon,the Field Marshal replied. "You've got no hope in the world of ever being invited to Australia until you stop playing on matting."
- Nari Contractor in Rediff
I remember in those days there was no turf wicket, rather a matting surface,said Nari Contractor, who scored 41 and 50 in that match. "Gupte got the wickets on the first day itself."