entangle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v entrap
- v twist together or entwine into a confusing mass
The child entangled the cord
- Some Southern judges are becoming practiced in the use of the sweeping injunction to entangle civil rights leaders in legal barbed 'wire.
- Kudzu, for instance, planted in the United States to prevent soil erosion in the 1940s, went on to entangle telephone poles, trees and fences over seven million acres of the .
- That's why the Pentagon is spending more and more research-and-development dollars on weapons that stun, scare, entangle or nauseate anything but kill.
News & Articles
- Whale protection rules will snare lobstermen
ELLSWORTH — New rules aimed at reducing the number of vertical buoy lines likely to entangle endangered whales as they navigate the waters of the Gulf of Maine are likely to have a substantial impact on Maine’s lobstermen and fishing…
July 24, 2013 - Fenceviewer
- Ruslan Aushev in Reuters
In addition to giving approximately $40 billion worth of taxpayer-funded checks to people who pay no income tax, this legislation will further entangle the federal goernment in the housing market and still fails to provide real long-term stimulus... Barbara Cubin http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Cubin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE-mOIXvorTDLQJB4KhhezSJzHhsA Jackson Hole Star-Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.jacksonholestartrib.com/articles/2008/02/08/news/wyoming/94f610d43f9b9158872573e9000a245f.txt&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFG_ypbWbhAj7UBEWOz6BDVQXx8Lg Feb 8, 2008
33352 42649 entangle I think adding additional neighbouring forces would further entangle the situation there," Ruslan Aushev, who ruled Ingushetia from 1992-2001, told Echo Moskvy radio station.
- George Washington in Stanford Review
As George Washington said in his farewell address, "Why forgo the advantages of so peculiar a position? Why quit our own, to stand upon foreign ground? Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and...