- n a fabric made of compressed matted animal fibers
- v mat together and make felt-like
felt the wool
- v cover with felt
felt a cap
- v change texture so as to become matted and felt-like
The fabric felted up after several washes
- v undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind
She felt resentful
He felt regret
- v come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds
- v perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles
He felt the wind
She felt an object brushing her arm
He felt his flesh crawl
She felt the heat when she got out of the car
- v be conscious of a physical, mental, or emotional state
She felt tired after the long hike
She felt sad after her loss
- v have a feeling or perception about oneself in reaction to someone's behavior or attitude
She felt small and insignificant
- v undergo passive experience of:"We felt the effects of inflation"
her fingers felt their way through the string quartet
she felt his contempt of her
- v be felt or perceived in a certain way
- v grope or feel in search of something
He felt for his wallet
- v examine by touch
- v examine (a body part) by palpation
The runner felt her pulse
- v find by testing or cautious exploration
He felt his way around the dark room
- v produce a certain impression
- v pass one's hands over the sexual organs of
He felt the girl in the movie theater
- HOW IT STARTED Many designers say they were inspired by the 20th century German artist Joseph Beuys, who used felt widely in his works JUDGMENT CALL Soft, muted, recycled: it.
- I never felt like I belonged to the gay community, I never felt like I belonged to the straight community.
- In Apter's study, two-thirds of women said they felt their mothers-in-law were jealous of their relationships with the sons, while two-thirds of mothers-in-law said they felt .
- Paul Goydos in iseekgolf.com
That's the most nervous I've been over a putt, probably,he said after his round. "It felt like when I brought the putter back and made a pretty good stroke, couldn't hit the putt any more solid and the ball couldn't have gone more in the...
- Andy Pettitte in AFP
In 2002 I was injured,Pettitte said in a statement. "I had heard that human growth hormone could promote faster healing for my elbow. I felt an obligation to get back to my team as soon as possible. For this reason, and only this reason,...
- Markus Naslund in The Associated Press
I felt humbled and proud,the 36-year-old Naslund said Thursday during a conference call from his home in Ornskoldsvik, Sweden. "When you are done, and you reflect on everything that has been going on throughout your career, getting a phone...