lookout : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- n an elevated post affording a wide view
- n a structure commanding a wide view of its surroundings
- n the act of looking out
- Eco-scouts will be on the lookout for so-called Trojan gene effects, and bounty hunters will help the usda eliminate transgenic species that get out of .
- The lookout was overruled and the gang four or five men and a woman caught some sleep while Rowlands tried to get the police to listen to him.
- They cut off telephones in the area so no lookout could call in a warning.
News & Articles
- Man killed in Lookout Pass officer-involved shooting identified
The man who was fatally shot by an Idaho State Police trooper during a welfare check near Lookout Pass has been identified as Alexander Mandarino, 26, of Whitefish, MT.
June 13, 2013 - KXLY-TV Spokane
- ABC's 'The Lookout' a New Outlet for 'Nightline'
Bill Weir, left, and Cynthia McFadden, of the news magazine show "The Lookout," in New York. "The Lookout" emphasizes consumer issues with a mix of investigative and trend stories, striving for a hip look that breaks down walls with viewers.
June 12, 2013 - The Lakeland Ledger
- ABC’s ‘The Lookout’ a new outlet for ‘Nightline’ team
Associated Press • This photo released by ABC shows Bill weir, left, and Cynthia McFadden, of the news magazine show “The Lookout,” in New York. “The Lookout” emphasizes consumer issues with a mix of investigative and trend stories.
June 12, 2013 - Texarkana Gazette
- Alize Cornet in International Herald Tribune
I've had the experience from my previous matches against her,Cornet said. "She got off to a very good start again. But in the second set, her form always drops. I was on the lookout for an opening to rush into it and put her under...
- George Casey in The Washington Independent
I've asked our Army leaders to be on the lookout for that,General Casey said in an interview on CNN's "State of the Union. It would be a shame - as great a tragedy as this was - it would be a shame if our diversity became a casualty as...
- Paul Dewar in 940 News
New Democrat MP Paul Dewar says the charges were akin to nabbing the "the lookout guys on the street corner for the bigger dealers."