- n a worthless lazy fellow
- n large somewhat primitive fish-eating diving bird of the northern hemisphere having webbed feet placed far back; related to the grebes
- n a person with confused ideas; incapable of serious thought
- The ancient and bruised Boston Whaler was coughing across one of the prettiest lakes in New HampshireSquam Lake, called Golden Pond in Henry Fonda's last picturewhen a loon.
- The film is a nimble, witty whirligig of a caper, and it's no criticism to say Paul Giamatti, playing an insecure loon of a CEO, and Tom Wilkinson, as his devious rival, snatch the .
- The loon is found across much of the country, and moves impressively both in air and under water.
News & Articles
- At Loon Lake, Chester officials say boaters must wash first
CHESTER -- The town will have a mandatory boat washing and inspection program up and running before July 4 weekend on Loon Lake.
June 27, 2013 - The Post-Star
- Reader photo: Mama loon and baby
Our reader photo today is courtesy of Michael Bender of East Stroudsburg who shot this mama loon with her baby. He said, “I captured this photo of a mother loon and her baby while fishing with family and friends on Charleston Lake, Ontario, Canada.
June 27, 2013 - Pocono Record
- What Do You Think Of Google's Project Loon?
What do you think of Project Loon? This question was originally answered on Quora by Himanshu Yadav.
June 26, 2013 - Forbes
- Courtney Love in E! Online
YOU for dismissing me as a LOON, go f--king play guitar hero commit necrophilai KNOW you are raping me and my family mother in law child,Love wrote.
- Chris Weitz in Washington Times
It's fairly clear that William Donohue's a loon,says Chris Weitz, writer-director of "The Golden Compass," of the president of the Catholic League. "I've published several books, been a college professor, have a Ph.D. Why would I worry...
- John Baldacci in Portsmouth Herald News
Maine drivers who have opted for the loon plates have helped fund improvements in our state parks for the past 13 years,said Gov. John Baldacci, in announcing the Loon Plate Weekend. "This year, as was the case in 2006, the Department of...