- n a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- The sentry called a sergeant and after much whispering the little man was released, promptly sneaked through the second gate and was pounced on again, once more whispered, was .
- Two hundred yards from the empty sentry box they discovered a rifle, and the huge fur headpiece of the sentinel, lying like some dead beast in the bushes.
- The mystery of the guardsman who vanished in his scarlet uniform three weeks ago from a sentry post at Buckingham Palace (PTI, May 13)the first palace sentry in British .
- Mitch McConnell in Pittsburgh Post Gazette
For about a quarter of a time our government has existed, Sen. Byrd stood like a sentry in a three-piece suit, watching over the legislative branch,said Mr. McConnell. "He was the ultimate self-made man. ...... He made it look easy. But it...
- Tom Robinson in Business Wire (press release)
Tom Robinson, Executive Vice President of StarTrak Systems, stated, "For refrigerated truck and trailer fleets, ReeferTrakâ„¢ Sentry provides meaningful operational and economic results for customers, leading to significant returns on investment....
- Anton Balasingham in Zee News
The Rajapaksa administration is turning a blind eye when Tamil paramilitaries -- the Karuna group -- launch attacks on our sentry posts with the active involvement of the Sri Lankan armed forces,Balasingham added.