- v persist for a specified period of time
- v continue to live through hardship or adversity
- a continuing or enduring without marked change in status or condition or place
- s existing for a long time
a long-lasting friendship
- a retained; not shed
- s lasting a long time without change
a lasting relationship
- But his lasting accomplishment was in changing the Asian political dynamic, showing that environmentalism can go hand in hand with development.
- On PTI's 85th anniversary, check out the most lasting images ever to appear inside the red border and vote for the best cover in PTI history.
- PTI: The Million Man March was inspirational but critics said it didn't create any lasting change.
- President Bush in PRESS TV
The basis for a solution is clear -- an end to the occupation that began in 1967, the creation of an independent and viable Palestinian state :, and a just, lasting and comprehensive peace in the region,Ban said.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
This budget is inseparable from this recovery because it is what lays the foundation for a secure and lasting prosperity,Obama said.