persistent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s never-ceasing
- s continually recurring to the mind
- a retained; not shed
persistent leaves remain attached past maturity
the persistent gills of fishes
- s stubbornly unyielding
- As the report's authors state, "addressing the serious and persistent health problems that affect Gulf War veterans as a result of their military service remains the obligation of .
- Slaughterhouse-Five: For Vonnegut, man's worst folly is a persistent attempt to adjust, smoothly, rationally, to the unthinkable.
- The notion that systematic efforts to improve the prowess of slaves by selective breeding have something to do with black athletic achievements is one of the most persistent and .
News & Articles
- Persistent Systems Named Emerging Technology Finalist in Computerworld Honors Program
Persistent Systems , the global leader in software product and technology services, today announced it has been named a 2013 Finalist of IDG's Computerworld Honors Program in the Emerging Technology category ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Ubisoft Announces The Crew, A Persistent Online Racer
Ubisoft has a new open-world persistent online racer in the works for next-gen consoles entitled The Crew. The trailer showed a pre-rendered trailer of cars being built as they drove. Once the cars were fully assembled, they sped through the streets of a realistic world, traveling through cites, countryside,s and off-road. In The Crew, you are tasked with infiltrating and taking over a criminal ...
June 10, 2013 - Game Informer
- Persistent rain creates flooding in So. Fla.
Persistent rain creates flooding in So. Fla.
June 9, 2013 - 7 News Miami
- Bertie Ahern in MyFox Tampa Bay
In the most severe cases of persistent non-compliance (countries not complying with stability pact rules), a limitation or suspension of voting rights should be considered. We are now at a stage in which we have to finalize new rules and... Jean-Claude Trichet http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Trichet&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFQ3i5kKC7Jq7XUiVMILRUSPAVq7w Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE6680IE20100709&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFG-cqoqxo-2Psprx8Wws7ZHvw9qA Jul 9, 2010
73760 98751 persistent He believes if you have hands-on, persistent engagement then you can have real progress," Ahern told Ireland's state broadcaster RTE.
- Kevin Rudd in Winnipeg Free Press
The government's security intelligence agencies assess that terrorism has become a persistent and permanent feature of Australia's security environment,Rudd said.