haunting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v follow stealthily or recur constantly and spontaneously to
- v haunt like a ghost; pursue
- v be a regular or frequent visitor to a certain place
- s continually recurring to the mind
the cathedral organ and the distant voices have a haunting beauty"- Claudia Cassidy
- s having a deeply disquieting or disturbing effect
from two handsome and talented young men to two haunting horrors of disintegration"-Charles Lee
- Richard Nixon's speech on the widening Indochinese war bore some remarkable and hauntingsimilarities to speeches that the public has heard before.
- Ultimately, Kaplan said, George's stories of haunting were "too wide-ranging" and probably stemmed from a pre-existing obsession with the paranormal.
- In his brave, haunting new book 2nd Tour Hope I Don't Die, American photographer Peter van Agtmael bears witness to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
News & Articles
- NFL: Bill Parcells regrets parting from Patriots
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Bill Parcells has one haunting memory from a coaching career that will culminate with his Aug. 3 induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame: His bitter post-Super Bowl XXXI divorce from the New England Patriots and owner Robert Kraft after the 1996 season.
June 27, 2013 - The Journal News
- Haunting photos and unexpected support for defense on Day 2 of Zimmerman trial
SANFORD, Fla.—The photos were as unforgettable as they were haunting: Trayvon Martin’s dead body, sprawled out in wet grass; the 17-year-old’s Nike shirt, pierced with a bullet hole; his limp wrist; his chest; and his face, slack. The second day of the murder trial of George Zimmerman brought forth those photos and other powerful pieces [...]
June 25, 2013 - The Lookout via Yahoo! News
- Bill Parcells’ one haunting regret
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Bill Parcells has one haunting memory from a coaching career that will culminate with his Aug.3 induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame: his bitter post-Super Bowl XXXI divorce from the New England Patriots and owner Robert Kraft after the 1996 season.
June 24, 2013 - WZZM 13 Grand Rapids
- Nelson Mandela in Denver Post
Her haunting melodies gave voice to the pain of exile and dislocation which she felt for 31 long years. At the same time, her music inspired a powerful sense of hope in all of us,Mandela said in a statement.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
The invitation that's been extended......is one I want to take up,Obama said. "And I am hoping to take Michelle and the girls as well so that they can take a look at some of my old haunting grounds."
- Jack Nicholson in Guardian Unlimited
In the empty, silent spaces of the world, he has found metaphors that illuminate the silent places our hearts, and found in them, too, a strange and terrible beauty: austere, elegant, enigmatic, haunting,Jack Nicholson said in presenting...