haunt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a frequently visited place
- v follow stealthily or recur constantly and spontaneously to
the ghost of her mother haunted her
- v haunt like a ghost; pursue
Fear of illness haunts her
- v be a regular or frequent visitor to a certain place
She haunts the ballet
- Parents hoped to haunt their children; maybe fear would keep them safe.
- Which is why McCain's much cleaner answer may come back to haunt him.
- The biofuels boom, in short, is one that could haunt the planet for generations--and it's only getting started.
News & Articles
- 5 moments to remember from jam-packed Bonnaroo
MANCHESTER, Tenn. (AP) — Memories are a jumble walking out of the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Days blend together, sound memories clash and surface. Hipster moustaches made from pink glow sticks haunt your dreams. And that smell. The horror.
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- 'Breaking Amish: Brave New World': Rebecca Rejected For Job Because Of Show (VIDEO)
Being a part of the first breakout season of " Breaking Amish " came back to haunt Rebecca on the latest episode of the spin-off series " Breaking Amish: Brave New World ." She was asking about getting a job at a restaurant when she was emphatically told, "No."
June 17, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Bonnaroo rocks and four other things to take home from a jam-packed music and arts festival
MANCHESTER, Tenn. — Memories are a jumble walking out of the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Days blend together, sound memories clash and surface. Hipster moustaches made from pink glow sticks haunt your dreams. And that smell. The horror.
June 17, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Robert Gates in Washington Post
Failure in Iraq at this juncture would be a calamity that would haunt our nation, impair our credibility, and endanger Americans for decades to come,Robert M. Gates said yesterday upon taking the oath to be Secretary of Defense.
- Johnny Podres in San Diego Union Tribune
I don't know if I said it or not. That's what they said I said,a grinning Podres recalled Saturday. "Probably young and dumb - something like that would haunt you your whole life. ...... You put on a big-league uniform, you've got to think...