- n a mental representation of some haunting experience
he looked like he had seen a ghost
- n a writer who gives the credit of authorship to someone else
- n the visible disembodied soul of a dead person
- n a suggestion of some quality
he detected a ghost of a smile on her face
- v move like a ghost
The masked men ghosted across the moonlit yard
- v haunt like a ghost; pursue
- v write for someone else
How many books have you ghostwritten so far?
- Since Defense Commissioner Sidney Hillman has his eye on ghost towns, has begun investigating "shutdown areas" with a view to their use in defense, Frank Moran's optimism may .
- A vessel in a fleet of controversial former US Navy 'ghost ships' arrives at a Hartlepool breakers' yard.
- In modern-day Yemen, in an area with people genetically linked to the Lemba, Parfitt found a ghost town by that name.
- Jean Paul Gaultier in WBRC
It's about bones, but not in a ghost kind of way - unless we're talking about the ghost of couture,he joked.
- Paul Pierce in Baltimore Sun
The ghost of Red [was] just looking over us,Pierce said. "I think he kind of tapped it in the right direction. It sort of put a smile on my face."
- Robert Gates in AFP
A few months ago, this place was a ghost town, a no-go zone,Gates told marines at their outpost lined with dirt-filled barriers and razor wire.