- n someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric
- n a mental representation of some haunting experience
- v frighten or scare, and often provoke into a violent action
The noise spooked the horse
- A spook pursued Senator George Higgins Moses of New Hampshire through the corridors of Chicago's refined Blackstone Hotel one day last week.
- McDonnell specializes in studying wild horses and has occasionally seen the roughsometimes lethaltreatment feral dogs receive when they're foolish enough to spook the group.
- As one spook puts it: "You can't tell what's going on in Saddam Hussein's head from satellite surveillance.
News & Articles
- Ghostbusters 3? No, but we'll settle for 'Ghostbusters: The Documentary'
If I never write another blog item updating the status of a third Ghostbusters movie, that's fine by me. Sorry, Dan Aykroyd, but I think this franchise that is best left buried. In the meantime, however, we have Spook Central , an upcoming documentary about Ghostbusters , to keep us entertained.
June 11, 2013 - Tampa Bay Times
- N.C. Motel Deaths: Mysterious Series of Deaths Spook Locals, Spark Police Investigation
A number of strange N.C. motel deaths have spooked locals and have now led to North Carolina police opening an investigation into the circumstances of the numerous incidents.
June 10, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Paul Kanjorski in Reuters UK
We cannot allow a technological error to spook the markets and cause panic,Rep. Paul Kanjorski said late on Thursday. "This is unacceptable."
- Rob Tapert in ComingSoon.net
Sam calls it a 'spook-a-blast,' a wild ride with all the chills and spills that 'Evil Dead' delivered, without relying on the excessive violence of that film,Tapert said. "When one has done three very expensive movies, they get used to...
- Amy Millan in Vancouver Sun
I think we're all into the spook,Millan says. "We used to all go to Torquil Campbell's summer house in North Hatley (Quebec), which is like a couple hundred years old, and he used to read ghost stories. : We like the spook, we like spooky...