- n someone who takes bodies from graves and sells them for anatomical dissection
- n an evil spirit or ghost
- The ghoul tours of Rumania are conducted tongue in cheek by the Ministry of Tourism.
- A girl crawls under bedsheets to escape the wraiths and feels a tug on her leg; she lifts the covers to see a grimacing ghoul, climbing closer.
- From college he graduated magna ghoul laude.
News & Articles
- Arnold tries the zombie biz
Arnold Schwarzenegger wants a piece of that zombie action that's currently the rage on TV and in movies: he's just signed up to play the father of a girl going ghoul in "Maggie."
June 21, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Zombie Olympics: Medalists from 'Walking Dead' to 'World War Z'
Zombies generally aren’t regarded as the most athletic of film monsters. Relentless, yes. Single-minded, yes. But for most of their 45-year history on-screen, the modern image of the flesh-eating ghoul from beyond the grave was shambling and slow-witted, succeeding solely through overwhelming numbers and gross human error. But thanks to a variety of recent interpretations of the hungry dead, our ...
June 21, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- World War Z: Brad Pitt vs. the Zombies
They don’t shamble in a malevolent sleepwalk, like the creatures in George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead. They aren’t adorable if voracious teens, like the undead kid in the ghoul-meets-girl Warm Bodies. The zombies in World War Z are a swift, teeming mass, a “perfect delivery system” for worldwide plague. They sprout on Philadelphia streets within a dozen seconds of being infected, career ...
June 18, 2013 - Time Magazine
- Antonin Scalia in First Amendment Center
...Lamb's Chapel v. Center Moriches Union Free School District (1993), writing: "Like some ghoul in a late-night horror movie that repeatedly sits up in its grave and shuffles abroad, after being repeatedly killed and buried, Lemon stalks our...
- Dan Jenkins in PGA.com
In his novel Slim and None, author Dan Jenkins described Oakland Hills' South Course, host to six prior US Opens and two previous PGA Championships, as "the toughest course ever designed by man, ghoul, or Robert Trent Jones."
- John Waters in The Age
Basically, my image as this ghoul who hangs around people that kill their spouses isn't that much of a stretch. I think they knew I had a sense of humour about it and that I used to go to murder trials and write about them,says Waters from...