- n a terrorist organization of Islamic extremists whose violent activities began in 1992; aims to overthrow the secular Algerian regime and replace it with an Islamic state
- For years the French were unable to get London to extradite suspected members of the Algeria-based gia, responsible for a wave of bombings in Paris in the mid-1990s.
- Since France's elite counterterrorism forces uprooted networks of Algeria's extremist Armed Islamic Group (gia) who were responsible for the deadly bombing campaign that rocked .
News & Articles
- Humerus reunion: Doc returns Vietnamese vet's arm
Dr. Sam Axelrad, right, hands over arm bones belonging to former North Vietnamese soldier Nguyen Quang Hung, left, at Hung's house in the town of An Khe, Gia Lai province, Vietnam on Monday.
July 2, 2013 - Asheville Citizen-Times
- Abortion opponents say they’re speaking for those who cannot
Gia Talentine, a mother of four who lives near Lockhart, stripped red tape across her mouth and penned on it one word: Life.
July 1, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Ongoing Conversion from Analog to Digital Systems Drives the Global Market for Mammography Equipment, According to New ...
GIA announces the release of a comprehensive global report on Mammography Equipment markets. Global market for Mammography Equipment is projected to reach US$610 million by 2018, driven by rising breast cancer awareness, implementation of breast cancer screening programs worldwide and continued conversion from analog to digital mammography equipment. (PRWeb July 01, 2013) Read the full story at ...
July 1, 2013 - PRWeb
- Jessica Lowndes in Toronto Sun
Gia encourages Adrianna to take her sadness over Navid and put it into music, which has been amazing for me,said Lowndes, who is embarking upon a music career herself. "I've been able to incorporate a lot of music into the show."
- Mitchell Hahn in The Age
I suppose it's a little bit about my size and strength, that's why I get into the team, to tackle and chase,Hahn said. "We've got some really skilful guys (in attack) like Rob Murphy, Gia (Daniel Giansiracusa) and Aker (Jason Akermanis),...
- Viktor Yushchenko in MSNBC
I have a moral obligation to Gia,Yushchenko said, using the journalist's nickname. "Those guilty will be prosecuted - not only this, but other important cases."