- s existing for a long time
hopes for a durable peace
- s capable of withstanding wear and tear and decay
durable denim jeans
- s very long lasting
less durable rocks were gradually worn away to form valleys
the perdurable granite of the ancient Appalachian spine of the continent
- Fueled by a drop in unfulfilled orders for durable goods and a declining demand for commodities and other raw materials, the recession of 1958 forced over five million people .
- Even accidentally tearing a picture is unlikely, since the paper is coated with durable plastic.
- It's made of ceramic, stainless steel and a durable alloy called Liquidmetal, finished with hand-sewn leather and a screen of sapphire crystal, a material second only to diamond in .
- Condoleezza Rice in Philippine Star
Rice said she hoped European countries would work out similar bilateral agreements with Israel to "bring into being a durable cease-fire, a cease-fire that can actually hold."
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
A strong and durable recovery also requires countries not having an undue advantage,he said. "As I told (Chinese) President Hu Jintao yesterday, the United States welcomes China's decision to allow its currency to appreciate in response to...