- v pass into a specified state or condition
- v end, at least for a long time
The correspondence lapsed
- v drop to a lower level, as in one's morals or standards
- v go back to bad behavior
- v let slip
He lapsed his membership
- v pass by
three years elapsed
- s no longer active or practicing
a lapsed Catholic
- The latest raids began days after a six-month cease-fire lapsed, resulting in some of the deadliest violence in the troubled territory in decades.
- Especially since the closest thing by the numbers is I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry, a 23-year-old lapsed gospel singer who was brought up Footloose-styleno rock music allowed .
- Though Crowhurst, 36, was missing, his logbooks, which gradually lapsed into incoherence, provide a revealing case study of the effects of extended solitude.
News & Articles
- Niota loses insurance, shuts down city services
NIOTA, Tenn. (AP) — The city of Niota (ny-OH'-tuh) is again without insurance and has shut down most city services. According to The Daily Post-Athenian, only a skeleton staff remains in the city of about 800 residents. Coverage through the Tennessee Municipal League lapsed at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday. Athens Insurance owner Allen Carter said he received a letter from TML stating that the city did not ...
June 19, 2013 - WDEF Chattanooga
- Attorney uses rare tactic in murder trial of Kaylon Bailey
Prosecutors told jurors Tuesday, at the beginning of the murder trial of Kaylon Bailey, that the victim told multiple people Bailey shot and killed him in his parent's driveway before he lapsed into a coma and later died.
June 19, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Royalty Pharma Drops Hostile Bid for Elan
Royalty Pharma's $8 billion bid for the Irish drug firm lapsed when it withdrew an appeal against a ruling by Ireland's regulator on takeover bids.
June 18, 2013 - FOX Business
- Kyle Okposo in USA Today
We had a couple minutes here and there that we lapsed mentally and we dug ourselves too big of a hole,Okposo said.
- Kevin Weekes in ESPN
We played well in a lot of facets the first two periods,Weekes said. "In the third period, we kind of lapsed for a while. We fell asleep and made a couple of costly mistakes during that six-, seven-minute window and that really cost us."
- Harry Reid in Skubble (blog)
Sen. Baucus defended the bill saying, "Folks in Montana and across the nation are struggling to find jobs in this tough economy, and every day these benefits are lapsed is another day Americans worry how they will feed their families while they look...