- v drop to a lower level, as in one's morals or standards
- But if anything, Cambodia has continued to backslide.
- The world has come too far to let this region backslide, and to let al Qaeda terrorists plot further attacks.
- That kind of talk sets off alarm bells for critics who view any easing of military limits as the beginning of a backslide into wartime aggression.
- Robert Gates in Forbes
I'm not worried about a backslide as much as I am (about) how we continue the momentum going forward,Gates told reporters in Djibouti on Monday just before he left for Kabul. "One of the clear concerns that we all have is that in the last...
- Marvin Lewis in Jets Confidential
We can't let anything slide because we haven't been good enough,said head coach Marvin Lewis. "So obviously there's something, somewhere that we're not quite getting done. And so we've got to make sure that in no way do we backslide...
- John Gibbons in 940 News
You don't want him to all of a sudden sit for a few days because then he can backslide and he's still in the building process,said Gibbons.