elapse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v pass by
three years elapsed
- And he didn't do himself any favors by allowing seven years to elapse since his last checkup.
- Several days were permitted to elapse to give the kidnappers every opportunity to keep their agreement.
- He has been doing cocaine for nearly a decade, and another year and a half will elapse before he goes in for his fifth and final detox.
News & Articles
- Cutler finds Bennett with 10 seconds left as Bears earn 31-30 comeback win
Had the fans at Soldier Field heard Jay Cutler calling plays during the last drive of the Bears’ 31-30 comeback victory Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, maybe they wouldn’t have been so concerned. Maybe they wouldn’t have panicked as the Bears took a holding penalty in the final minute, allowed 21 seconds to elapse between plays and were forced into a third-and-10 with 16 seconds left. ‘‘He ...
Sept. 15, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- John Hughes in BBC News
We put a contract offer on the table at the beginning of January and none of them came back,said Hughes. "They let the time limit elapse and I think that's a little bit disrespectful to the club."
- Barney Frank in MarketWatch
We are serious about some legislation in this regard,said Frank at a hearing on Paul's bill. "I have some concerns, some time needs to elapse before certain disclosures take place, we are working together; we want there to be publicity but...
- Ken Macha in ESPN
We're hoping that by the time the other five days elapse, he'll be ready to play,manager Ken Macha said before Oakland finished a three-game series against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. "My concern is to make sure he is going to be 100 percent...