- v show to be reasonable or provide adequate ground for
- v show to be right by providing justification or proof
- v defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning
- v let off the hook
- v adjust the spaces between words
justify the margins
- A federal court shuts down a flood-control boondoggle in Missouri, saying the books were cooked to justify the project.
- She now has to come home and justify to her husband why she bought this during a recession.
- Kundermann, who found out about the CIA's use of his work from a PTI reporter, said his research did not justify the Justice Department's conclusion.
News & Articles
- Upper West Side Prep School Makes 9th Graders Write Suicide Notes For Homework
It's one thing to make kids do homework assignments on cannibals and bloodthirsty aliens —it's an entirely different thing to force them to face their own mortality and justify killing themselves for English class. That's what parents allege that a York Prep teacher made her students do: “We thought this was such an outrageous assignment for a 14-year-old to get,” a father of one student there ...
June 12, 2013 - Gothamist
Our elected Town of Monroe politicians wrote a letter to the editor last week, attempting to justify the purchase of the Monroe Theatre.
June 12, 2013 - The Photo News
- 5 Brilliant Marketing Tricks
Give your online marketing strategy a boost--without spending hours on social media. Check out these five tactics you've probably never tried. It's easy to fall into a rut with online marketing. You post on Twitter, you send out MailChimp newsletters. Rinse and repeat. You'd like to do more on social media but you can't justify spending hours on it every day. If that sounds like your marketing ...
June 12, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- Barack Obama in New York Times
In the last six months, AIG has received substantial sums from the US Treasury,Mr. Obama said. "How do they justify this outrage to the taxpayers who are keeping the company afloat?"
- Anthony Kennedy in guardian.co.uk
Fear of litigation alone cannot justify the city's reliance on race to the detriment of individuals who passed the examinations and qualified for promotions,wrote justice Anthony Kennedy for the court.
- President Bush in News 10 Now
President Bush said, "In a world where some invoke the name of God to justify acts of terror and murder and hate, we need your message that God is love."