- n a writ from a court commanding police to perform specified acts
- n a type of security issued by a corporation (usually together with a bond or preferred stock) that gives the holder the right to purchase a certain amount of common stock at a stated price
as a sweetener they offered warrants along with the fixed-income securities
- n formal and explicit approval
- n a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
- v show to be reasonable or provide adequate ground for
The emergency does not warrant all of us buying guns
- v stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of
The dealer warrants all the cars he sells
I warrant this information
- The paperwork required with a FISA warrant application could be trimmed.
- Polanski was in his third day of detention after Swiss police arrested him Saturday on an international warrant as he arrived in Zurich to receive a lifetime achievement award from .
- However it does not protect the companies for complying with the warrant-free program at the heart of the controversy.
News & Articles
- Warrant Sweep Nets 27 Arrests
A total of 27 suspects with outstanding warrants were arrested Saturday after officials from the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department conducted a warrant sweep in the North County and South Bay.
June 15, 2013 - NBC San Diego
- Warrant issued in Rand home invasion
RAND, W.Va. -- The Kanawha County Sheriffs office is looking for a man who broke into a Rand home, fired a gun and demanded money and drugs. An arrest warrant has been issued for Tevin Christopher "Smook" Williams, 19, of Rand. Police bel...
June 14, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Warrant Issued for Lingerie Store Arson Suspect
A warrant has been issued for a woman accused of using a pillowcase stuffed with gasoline-soaked lingerie to start a fire at the store where her boyfriend purchased the gifts.
June 13, 2013 - NBC Los Angeles
- Katherine Heigl in FOXNews
I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organizationdecided against competing, Heigl said in a written statement provided by her...
- Ben Bernanke in Newsweek
The Fed last week reaffirmed its policy and noted that conditions "are likely to warrant exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for an extended period."
- Jim McNerney in ktla 5
Our team has taken a very close look at the tanker decision and found serious flaws in the process that we believe warrant appeal,said Jim McNerney, Boeing's chairman, president and chief executive. "This is an extraordinary step rarely...