justified : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v show to be reasonable or provide adequate ground for
- v show to be right by providing justification or proof
- v defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning
- v let off the hook
- v adjust the spaces between words
- s having words so spaced that lines have straight even margins
- With lines like "Congratulations on being justified in your paranoia about being laid off" and "Dad, it's still hard to believe you're someone's father," one thing this site won't .
- Yet pre-emptive strikes can often be justified even if they don't meet the letter of the law.
- The FDA approved Redux last summer, despite its known problems, because it determined that for patients who are seriously obese, the benefits justified the risk--at least for short .
News & Articles
- ‘Operation Justified’ results in arrests
Local, state and federal law enforcement announced the completion of a sex offender compliance check, dubbed “Operation Justified” after the hit television show, during a press conference Friday a...
June 22, 2013 - The Middlesboro Daily
- Police justified in fatal shooting of Mongtomery Co. man, prosecutor rules
Police officers were justified in their fatal shooting of a Christiansburg man in April, based on ruling by Salem Commonwealth’s Attorney Tom Bowers. According to the ruling, made public today, Robert Kevin Hughes, 41, fired the first shot when police tried to serve him with a felony drug arrest warrant at his mobile home on [...]
June 21, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Officers justified in shooting death of man on Rockefeller Lane
The three officers who shot and killed a man on the east side last month were justified in their actions, a police internal affairs review said. The Professional Standards and Internal Affairs division of the Madison Police Department said in a review summary Thursday morning that officers Ryan Orvis, Ryan Finnegan and Scott Templeton, who fired their guns in a standoff with a man on Rockefeller ...
June 20, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- Jacob Zuma in AFP
No one is allowed to take the law into his own hands,said Zuma. "It against this background that the murder of Terre'Blanche must be condemned, irrespective of how his killers think they may have been justified. They had no right to take...
- Ian Paisley in USA Today
We must not allow our justified loathing of the horrors and tragedies of the past to become a barrier to creating a better and more stable future for our children,Paisley said.
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Washington Post
They were legal, essential, justified, successful and the right thing to do,Cheney said of the policies.