john : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
- n youngest son of Henry II; King of England from 1199 to 1216; succeeded to the throne on the death of his brother Richard I; lost his French possessions; in 1215 John was compelled by the barons to sign the Magna Carta (1167-1216)
- n (New Testament) disciple of Jesus; traditionally said to be the author of the 4th Gospel and three epistles and the book of Revelation
- n a prostitute's customer
- n the last of the four Gospels in the New Testament
News & Articles
- John Oliver Steps in as ‘Daily Show’ Replacement
John Oliver, as guest host of “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” has shown that a series with good writers and an appealing cast can be incisive and funny even without its star.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times
- John Crane Receives Multi-Year Contract Extension from Petrom
John Crane Production Solutions, Inc. , a subsidiary of John Crane, has been awarded a four-year contract extension to supply artificial lift equipment and services to all of OMV Petrom’s operations in Romania.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- John Tomic watches son Bernard at Queen's Club despite ATP ban
LONDON — John Tomic attended his son Bernard’s first-round loss to Benjamin Becker at the Aegon Championships on Tuesday despite being banned from receiving credentials for ATP Tour tournaments.
June 12, 2013 - Sports Illustrated