- n a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
- n a small outbuilding with a bench having holes through which a user can defecate
- s hidden from general view or use
a privy place to rest and think
- s (followed by `to') informed about something secret or not generally known
privy to the details of the conspiracy
- Pensioned off with handsome privy purses, some of the maharajahs retired to dream of past glories.
- Not so in this movie, where they are poised on Munichs rooftops, privy to every conversation, every stupid idea and intention going on below, but powerless to intervene.
- Occasion was the dedication of the 100,000th sanitary pit privy built by relief workers in West Virginia.
News & Articles
- Pink Paparazzi Scuffle: Photographer Allegedly Kicked in the Groin by Man
Not the best way to get this party started. Pink found herself privy to a paparazzo dustup after a photographer was allegedly kicked in the groin by a man as he tried to shoot photos of...
June 13, 2013 - E! Online
- Lansford Historical Society to examine antique bottles
Long time privy digger and bottle collector Bob Perrin of Coaldale will present a program on digging and collecting antique bottles in our area tonight at the Lansford Historical Society Museum.
June 12, 2013 - Times News
- Shadow Warrior Makes an Impressive Debut...Again
For those who might remember an old game by 3D Realms named Shadow Warrior, do I have a treat for you. While at E3 I had the pleasure of meeting with the people from Devolver Digital and Flying Hog Wild outside of the convention center on Tuesday. I and my fellow Pop Cults staffer, Daniel Shatto, were privy to a demo of a reboot of the series, appropriately titled Shadow Warrior, which sees the ...
June 12, 2013 - Opposing Views