- n a cunning or deceitful action or device
he played a trick on me
- n a period of work or duty
- n an attempt to get you to do something foolish or imprudent
that offer was a dirty trick
- n a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement
- n an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
- n a prostitute's customer
- n (card games) in a single round, the sequence of cards played by all the players; the high card is the winner
- v deceive somebody
We tricked the teacher into thinking that class would be cancelled next week
- They do a trick, you give them a fish, they do the trick again, you give them a fish.
- The "book" (in bridge, six tricks) becomes eight in super-bridge.
- Political dirty tricks, as White House spokesmen never tire of explaining, are hardly a novelty, nor is the use of the FBI to help play those tricks.
News & Articles
- Guitar Hero, Meet Rock Gods
Many musicians cite Cheap Trick as an influence. Because Cheap Trick is in Vegas to play the Palms on Saturday, I asked guitar hero Rick Nielsen: Who are the most famous fans you have met? He has big answers. "John Lennon and Dave Grohl," Nielsen says. "Dave
June 13, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Waupun changes trick or treat hours
Halloween is four months away, but Waupun city officials have changed trick or treating hours for this fall.
June 12, 2013 - Fond du Lac Reporter
- Salah hat trick keeps up Egyptian streak
By Mark Gleeson JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Mohamed Salah scored a hat trick on Sunday as Egypt won 4-2 in Zimbabwe to keep up their 100 percent run in the World Cup qualifiers for next year's finals in Brazil. Their hopes of ensuring top place in Group G and advancing to the last phase of the African preliminaries were put on hold, however, when Guinea beat Mozambique 6-1 in the group's other game ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Edward Markey in DetNews.com
On April Fool's Day, the biggest joke of all is being played on American families by Big Oil, who are using every trick in the book to keep billions in federal tax subsidies, even as they rake in record profits,said Rep. Edward Markey,...
- Steve Bruce in guardian.co.uk
Daniel is an exciting player and I'm convinced he can make an impact at Wigan,said Bruce, who confirmed that De Ridder had agreed a three-year contract. "He has very quick feet and can pull off the unexpected, he's a player with a trick...
- Wen Jiabao in FOXNews
Teachers and students, this kind of dirty trick cannot stop the friendship between the Chinese and the British people,Wen said, followed by applause.