- n an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
- a affected by an impairment of normal physical or mental function
ill from the monotony of his suffering
- s resulting in suffering or adversity
it's an ill wind that blows no good
- s distressing
of ill repute
- s indicating hostility or enmity
you certainly did me an ill turn
- s presaging ill fortune
- r (`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner; not well
he was ill prepared
it ill befits a man to betray old friends
an ill-conceived plan
- r unfavorably or with disapproval
tried not to speak ill of the dead
- r with difficulty or inconvenience; scarcely or hardly
we can ill afford to buy a new car just now
- In June, New York legislators passed a bill outlawing solitary confinement for mentally ill inmates after a study found that such isolation to which mentally ill prisoners are .
- Now Roger is sweating under the hot lights as questions pile up about whether he had a role in an outrageous array of slippery and ill-fated schemes ranging from Mafioso pardons to .
- Stigmatized, abandoned, often locked up, Asia's mentally ill are left to inhabit a living hell.
News & Articles
- Terminally Ill Children May Soon Have 'Right to Die'
Terminally ill children in Belgium may soon have the right to choose death. The country's Federal Parliament is debating the sensitive issue of euthanasia. Currently, only the Netherlands allows doctors to perform euthanasia on some children, if the doctors obey a set of medical guidelines called the "Groningen Protocol." The bill in Belgium would create guidelines for doctors to decide if a ...
June 13, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Ill. mayor calls for more rail support
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The State Journal Register reported that Springfield Mayor Mike Houston told U.S. transportation subcommittee representatives that continued state and federal support for city rail consolidation is critical for the city’s economy.
June 12, 2013 - Metro Magazine
- Ill. House Speaker plans new vote on pension plan
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan is planning a fresh vote on his plan to overhaul the public-employee pension system, despite a request by the governor for compromise with the Senate. Madigan, a ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News