ominous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s threatening or foreshadowing evil or tragic developments
ominous rumblings of discontent
- s presaging ill fortune
a dead and ominous silence prevailed
- The reversal of the health aid scheme has raised ominous questions about the adverse impact it will have on the access of the very poor to the doctors.
- Owing to heavy blood loss after the accident, his hemoglobin level plummeted from a normal 13 to an ominous 3.
- The ominous trends in climate change needs to be arrested immediately.
News & Articles
- Hope High School graduates 43 in 17th class
The dark, ominous clouds and low rumble of thunder in the background did not deter the 43 graduates of Hope High School from walking across the stage at Travis Middle School to accept their long-await
June 11, 2013 - The Port Lavaca Wave
- Foreign Beggars And Noisia Join Bass Forces On Mystery Project
UK hip-hop-bass trio Foreign Beggars and Dutch drum and bass masters Noisia recently posted an ominous picture on their respective Facebook pages, announcing the upcoming release of their collaborative project, I Am Legion. The Beggars were way ahead of the curve with last year’s release of their genre-fusion album, The Uprising . Fast-forward to today, and has anyone heard of a little thing ...
June 11, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Is The European Retail Slump Destabilizing The Smartphone Market?
There has been a rash of ominous signs from the smartphone market in recent weeks. Several notable Asian brokerages have claimed that the sales of Samsung Galaxy S4 may have cooled off faster than expected.
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- Al Gore in Guardian Unlimited
We, the human species, are confronting a planetary emergency - a threat to the survival of our civilization that is gathering ominous and destructive potential even as we gather here,Gore said in his acceptance speech.
- Geoff Ogilvy in USA Today
He does pretty good when he leads for two rounds and even better when he leads for three rounds,Ogilvy said. "So I guess that is kind of ominous. But at some point, he's not going to win."
- John Spratt in Forbes
A number of ominous economic signs have emerged since CBO finalized last month the forecast underlying today's report,said House Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt Jr., DS.C. "Today's new economic forecast thus adds to the growing...