- s deadly or sinister
the Florida eagles have a fierce baleful look
- s threatening or foreshadowing evil or tragic developments
a baleful look
- It invites exploitation of and degrading competition among wives, with often baleful social and familial consequences.
- There was vague anxiety about machines that could think, a corner-of-the-eye vision of humanoid steel creatures winking out their possibly baleful computations.
- He was acquitted of the rape charge in 2006, and the corruption case against him was twice thrown out, most recently last month, when the judge also criticized "baleful political .
News & Articles
- AMC is splitting final season of 'Mad Men' into two parts over 2014-15
Taking a cue from Breaking Bad 's infuriating method of splitting its season in two, Mad Men 's creators have elected to cut the final season of the series in two, airing over into 2015. Because we all want to see the increasingly baleful saga of Don Draper drag on as long as humanly possible.
Sept. 17, 2013 - Tampa Bay Times
- Paddy Ashdown in Defence Management
Claiming that there was a direct link from "Osama Bin Laden in his cave to a terrorist flat in Bolton", Ashdown said: "Failure or withdrawal would lead to consequences that are baleful. I don't think these are consequences that we should...
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in China Daily
The enemies are now trying to steal the sweetness of this feast with baleful provocation,Khamenei said, "therefore, the people especially the young blood should be completely alert, and supporters of the president-elect and other...
- Barack Obama in ABC News
In the backyard, we found what seemed like a small zoo,Obama wrote, "chickens and ducks running every which way, a big yellow dog with a baleful howl, two birds of paradise, a white cockatoo, and finally, two baby crocodiles,...