- n an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
- n (formerly) a loud cry (or repeated cries) of pain or rage or sorrow
- n an expression of grievance or resentment
- n (civil law) the first pleading of the plaintiff setting out the facts on which the claim for relief is based
- n (criminal law) a pleading describing some wrong or offense
News & Articles
- DEARBORN HEIGHTS: Resident files complaint with state over 'rigged' basketball hoops at Spirit Festival
DEARBORN HEIGHTS — A resident has filed a complaint with the state Attorney General’s Office over what he termed “rigged” and “gaffed” games at the Spirit Festival.
June 17, 2013 - Dearborn Press & Guide
- Complaint raised over Lumberton school led prayer
Complaint raised over Lumberton school led prayer Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 9:00 am, Saturday, June 15, 2013 The Freedom From Religion Foundation has sent a letter to Lumberton ISD administration raising concerns about a prayer led at a kindergarten graduation ...
June 16, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Elections Violation Complaint Filed Against Reg. 12 Roxbury Board Member
Greg Cava of Roxbury. Laurie Gaboardi-The Litchfield County Times. ROXBURY—Resident Sharon Benedict filed a complaint last week with the State Elections Enforcement Commission concerning the appropriateness of Region 12 Board of Education member Greg Cava’s presence near the voting booths June 4.
June 16, 2013 - Litchfield County Times
- William Hague in The Associated Press
In recent years Britain's approach to building relationships with new and emerging powers has been ad-hoc and patchy, giving rise to the frequent complaint,Hague said, speaking at London's Foreign Office. "This weakens our ability to forge...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York Times
Listening patiently to a litany of grievances from journalists about American policies, Mrs. Clinton said, "I am more than willing to hear every complaint about the United States."
- Barack Obama in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Our soldiers and their families have done their duty - and they do it without complaint,Mrs. Obama said. "And we as a grateful nation must do ours - do everything in our power to honor them by supporting them."