ice : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n water frozen in the solid state
Americans like ice in their drinks
- n the frozen part of a body of water
- n diamonds
look at the ice on that dame!
- n a flavored sugar topping used to coat and decorate cakes
- n a frozen dessert with fruit flavoring (especially one containing no milk)
- n an amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- n a heat engine in which combustion occurs inside the engine rather than in a separate furnace; heat expands a gas that either moves a piston or turns a gas turbine
- n a rink with a floor of ice for ice hockey or ice skating
the crowd applauded when she skated out onto the ice
- v decorate with frosting
- v cause to become ice or icy
an iced summer drink
- v put ice on or put on ice
- But if warming temperatures or changes in ocean currents make these so-called ice tongues start to melt, they eventually float off the bottom and the friction between ice and .
- On day two of a Greenland expedition, a PTI reporter finds doing ice-core science on the ice cap is grueling, exacting work, but life at the campsite is just the opposite.
- The arrival of another ice age has long been a chilling theme of science fiction.
News & Articles
- Huntington ice cream plant closing
Ice cream probably will have a bitter taste during today's Huntington Heritage Days celebration. That's because the company donating treats announced Friday it is closing its Good Humor-Breyers factory by the end of July - costing 140 people their jobs.
June 22, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Ice Cream Social at Senior Center
The Santa Paula Senior Center will host an ice cream social on Wednesday, June 19 at 1:00. This “Welcome to Summer” event is sponsored by Vista Cove Care Center and Assisted Home Hospice.
June 22, 2013 - Santa Paula Times
- Huntington ice-cream plant will close, putting 140 out of work
A Huntington plant that makes Breyers ice cream will close by the end of next month and lay off roughly 140 workers.
June 22, 2013 - Fort Wayne News-Sentinel
- Johan Bruyneel in National
Riding downhill was almost like ice-skating,Bruyneel said, adding that Armstrong's teammates Andreas Kloeden and Levi Leipheimer also fell.
- Wendel Clark in msnbc.com
Bob was a guy that started as a strictly tough guy but made himself a player,former Toronto maple Leafs enforcer Wendel Clark told Canadian Press. "Off the ice, everything was a whole different story. He was one of the good guys and he'd...
- Joel Quenneville in Toronto Star
I think we witnessed probably the worst call in the history of sports there,Quenneville said after the game. "Nothing play. ...... They ruined a good hockey game and absolutely destroyed what was going on the ice. ...... Never seen...