- n a brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure
- n a container for holding liquids while drinking
- n the quantity a glass will hold
- n a small refracting telescope
- n an amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- n a mirror; usually a ladies' dressing mirror
- n glassware collectively
She collected old glass
- v furnish with glass
glass the windows
- v scan (game in the forest) with binoculars
- v enclose with glass
glass in a porch
- v put in a glass container
- v become glassy or take on a glass-like appearance
- While almost every Chinese dynasty has produced glass work usually vases or bowls the creations of today's glass artists bear little relation to either the functional or .
- The "glass womb" is made from two glass slides, one with a scarcely visible depression containing a ripe ovum.
- Children and animals that live in glassed houses are cheated of that ultraviolet part of the sun's light which helps the bones ossify.
News & Articles
- Glass Earth Gold Retains Anne Robert to Manage Investor Relations
Glass Earth Gold Limited is pleased to announce that it has retained the services of Anne Robert to manage investor relations activities. Based in Montreal, Canada, Anne Robert will monitor the Company's ...
June 14, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Google Glass search shown off in new video
One of 20 searches from behind Glass. (Credit: Screenshot by Eric Mack/CNET) This week Google's Project Glass team released a video demonstrating just how good the augmented reality specs are at what Google does best, search. Much of the hype around Glass has centered on its ability to capture a true first-person perspective (we've already seen the first marriage proposal through Glass), but the ...
June 14, 2013 - CNET
- Glass factory withstands tests of time
A Kokomo glass factory that is marking its 125th anniversary is celebrating the milestone with clients from around the world. Read more at www.WISHTV.com
June 13, 2013 - WISH-TV Indianapolis
- John McCain in Purdue Exponent
Sarah Palin once said on the 2008 campaign trail, "Hillary left eighteen million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling, but it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Newsday
Although we weren't able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time, thanks to you, it's got about 18 million cracks in it,Clinton said -- a reference to the millions of voters who supported her in the primaries.
- Sarah Palin in New York Times
Hillary left 18 million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling in America, but it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet, and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all,Ms. Palin said to huge applause.