glasses : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n optical instrument consisting of a frame that holds a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision
- n a brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure
- n a container for holding liquids while drinking
- n the quantity a glass will hold
- n a small refracting telescope
- n an amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- n a mirror; usually a ladies' dressing mirror
- n glassware collectively
- v furnish with glass
- v scan (game in the forest) with binoculars
- v enclose with glass
- v put in a glass container
- v become glassy or take on a glass-like appearance
- I have to say that when I saw Spy Kids 3D, the glasses kept slipping down my nose.
- The glasses required are apparently different than your standard 3D glasses, but worry not.
- Glasses over your glasses would make you "six eyes.
- Kobe Bryant in San Jose Mercury News
He took his glasses off, threw his head back and soaked it all in, because this is a special time,Bryant said. "For us to be the team that got him that historic 10th championship is special for us."
- Amy Poehler in Philadelphia Daily News
I scratched and clawed through mud and barbed wire and you just glided in on a dogsled wearing your pageant sash and your Tina Fey glasses,Poehler said at one point.
- Placido Domingo in International Herald Tribune
There seems to be a stigma about being hard-of-hearing,Domingo told the AP. "Let's consider the difference between seeing trouble and hearing trouble. No one gives a second thought to wearing glasses in order to improve sight, but too many...