- n a soft whitish calcite
- n a pure flat white with little reflectance
- n an amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- n a piece of calcite or a similar substance, usually in the shape of a crayon, that is used to write or draw on blackboards or other flat surfaces
- v write, draw, or trace with chalk
- On Giant hill over looking Cerne Abbas is the chalk drawing "The Giant.
- Some were filled with inert lactose or powdered chalk.
- The chalk markings appeared on the sidewalk a few days after I moved into my new house.
- Roger Goodell in ESPN
The essence of Bill Walsh was that he was an extraordinary teacher,NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said. "If you gave him a blackboard and a piece of chalk, he would become a whirlwind of wisdom."
- Kobe Bryant in Seattle Post Intelligencer
I don't think they did anything differently,Bryant said of Gasol and Odom's shooting. "I think they just missed a lot that they usually normally make, so you just chalk it up."
- President Bush in Newsday
You brought new glory to one of our nation's most storied basketball programs, and you gave your fans all across America one more reason to chant: Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!,Bush said, using the school's famous chant to the delight of a loyal...