icing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the formation of frost or ice on a surface
- n a flavored sugar topping used to coat and decorate cakes
- n (ice hockey) the act of shooting the puck from within your own defensive area the length of the rink beyond the opponent's goal
- v decorate with frosting
- v cause to become ice or icy
- v put ice on or put on ice
- PTI named Snuppy "Invention of the Year" for 2005, but that was merely the icing on a cake of praise and recognition for Hwang.
- That was the icing on Wilder's cake.
- And the Isle of Jura and the Dalmore single malts are the icing on the cake.
News & Articles
- Atlantis Systems Corp. Awarded Contracts by Department of National Defence
Atlantis Systems Corp. , a globally recognized training integrator in the military and commercial markets, is pleased to announce that they have been awarded contracts for the De-Icing Operator Phase One, ...
June 17, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Small-business Q&A: Award puts icing on cake for bakery
Small-business Q&A: Award puts icing on cake for bakery Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 11:55 pm, Friday, June 14, 2013 Three Brothers is enjoying a growth spurt, and enhanced its business plan by participating in the Houston Community College-Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small ...
June 16, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Icing on the Cakecompetition slated for July
The fourth annual "Icing on the Cake Competion will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 13 in Building F at Bossier Parish Community College.
June 12, 2013 - KTAL Shreveport
- Brett Favre in USA Today
Obviously had we gone to the Super Bowl, that would have been the icing on the cake,said Favre, "but it was way better than even I could have dreamed of. I really believe my biggest accomplishment this year was winning over the majority of...
- Cliff Lee in International Herald Tribune
I'm just honored to be here, to be honest with you,Lee said on Monday. "To get the start is just icing on the cake. ...... I'm kind of awe-struck by it."
- Joe Calzaghe in New York Times
I knew this wouldn't look pretty tonight,Calzaghe said. "He's so awkward. He gave me some good shots. It wasn't my best night, but I won the fight. The world title in a second division and a win in America is just icing on the cake for my...