husking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the removal of covering
- v remove the husks from
- He was husking in his own State and in a familiar stand of corn.
- In 1932 Clarence Bockes of Conrad, Iowa established a world's record by husking 2,698 lb.
- There are metal detectors at the Liberty Bell; Denver canceled its New Year's Eve celebrations; Ohio called off a corn-husking festival.
News & Articles
- Perk up your ears: It's corn season
Corn on the cob is one of summer's sweetest treats, especially in South Jersey. The ears are ready for the husking at area farmers markets.
July 2, 2013 - Courier-Post