husk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- n outer membranous covering of some fruits or seeds
- v remove the husks from
- What is a tanorexic to do? Baking yourself on the beach to a crispy bronze husk is a no-no, according to studies showing that ultraviolet radiation from the sun can scramble your .
- Then she bounces her head in a pert little Chinese kowtow and the hoarse, sweet husk of her voice sounds hauntingly soft.
- Even MSNBC's Chris Matthews, with his shimmering corn-husk blond hair, cannot gain entrance.
News & Articles
- Watch David Levi Introduce Vinland, His Hyper-Regional Maine Restaurant
New York native David Levi has been planning to open a restaurant that champions very small-scale food systems in Portland, Maine, for some time. He trained everywhere you might expect, first cutting meat with Dario Cecchini in Italy, then staging at Fäviken in Sweden and Noma in Copenhagen. Vinland will follow guidelines similar to the ones made popular by Sean Brock at Husk , which means ...
June 19, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in BusinessWeek
...of special Medicaid payments Senator Ben Nelson obtained for his state as a condition for supporting health-care legislation, Schwarzenegger said Nebraska "got the corn and we got the husk."
- Kim Beazley in Ninemsn
Peter Costello is a political husk of a man,Mr Beazley said. "And I seriously doubt he has the strength to face the challenges of the Australian economy let alone all the issues that have to be dealt with by a government."