huskiness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the property of being big and strong
- n a throaty harshness
- There is a huskiness in his voice as he speaks his credo: "Never apologize and never explainit's a sign of weakness.
- She had the nuances, the huskiness down.
- Altogether, FORTUNE'S voice of business shared some of Wendell Willkie's preelection huskiness.
- Beck in The Gazette (Montreal)
That voice, it was not like anything else,Beck said of Rod Stewart. "It was like a black voice, very hoarse-sounding. There was a huskiness and a very subtle roughness that I found addictive. And we just sounded great together."