- n enduring strength and energy
- n the property of being big and strong
- n the elasticity and hardness of a metal object; its ability to absorb considerable energy before cracking
- n impressive difficulty
- If the Army's new mental-toughness initiative, set to kick off in October, is to be successful, it needs buy-in from the people it plans to train.
- Some might question Swift's political toughness the incumbent, she dropped out of a race before her opponent even formally announced his candidacy.
- He and his team painstakingly crossed varieties of Asian and African rices to find stable and fertile breeds that would combine the yields of Asia's plants and the toughness of .
News & Articles
- Arizona Wildcats basketball: More on Gordon, Ashley, etc.
Aaron Gordon says he'll thrive wherever Sean Miller puts him. ... and Brandon Ashley's toughness and intensity are questioned.
June 17, 2013 - Arizona Daily Star
- UFC 161: 5 Fights for Rosi Sexton to Take Next
Rosi Sexton came up short at UFC 161, but she was not supposed to win that fight. She showed her toughness and gained a lot of support. Sexton survived multiple submissions and bad positions against Alexis Davis, and she even got in offense of her own. For a natural flyweight against one of the bantamweight division's best, it was a good showing. Now, the question becomes who does she face next ...
June 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Kidd seeks to add toughness and unselfish play to Nets
Jason Kidd was officially introduced as head coach of the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday and the common theme was toughness and unselfish play -- something the 10-time All-Star was known for as a player.
June 14, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Barack Obama in Washington Times
We're going to have to try to apply some flinty Chicago toughness to this town,Mr. Obama said.
- Doc Rivers in SportingNews.com
Asked how the team would be affected if Perkins can't go, Rivers said, "He's one of our guys that I think gives us great spirit, gives us a lot of toughness and gives us size. You know, I hope he can play. It would be tough if he can't. Somebody...
- Vice President Dick Cheney in FOXNews
I'm delighted to support John McCain,Cheney says. "I'm pleased that he's chosen a running mate with executive talent, toughness and common sense, our next vice president Sarah Palin."