humbleness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the state of being humble and unimportant
- n a humble feeling
- n a disposition to be humble; a lack of false pride
- Sarnoff went on to say, "It is with a feeling of humbleness that I come to this moment of announcing the birth in this country of a new art so important in its implications that it .
- He had a hellraiser's humor and an odd humbleness which prevented him from posing as a man of destiny.
- Arise, ye toilers of all nations Condemned to misery and woe; To Hell with humbleness and patience Give deadly battle to your foe! Wipe out the ruling wealthy classes, Arise .
News & Articles
- Twilight Concert Series To Feature Aussie Acts This Thursday Night
This summer’s fourth Twilight Concert Series evening on the Santa Monica Pier will showcase a couple of celebrated Australian acts. This Thursday, Aug. 1, Xavier Rudd headlines the now-customary Aussie night, presenting the epitome of Outback sound. Opening for Rudd at 7 pm, hailing from Australia’s Gold Coast, comes Nikki Jensen. Jensen’s naïve humbleness and authentic attitude is contagious ...
July 31, 2013 - Santa Monica Mirror
- Jake Gyllenhaal in USA Today
Ang Lee is fierce in his timidity, his humbleness and his respect for everyone around him,Gyllenhaal said as he presented the diminutive director with a medallion in honor of his nomination. "He's frustrating and so damn wise."
- Kelvin Sampson in SportingNews.com
When you have a person of his ability level and his attitude, that is when you start getting into the 'special' stratosphere,Sampson said. "The sky is the limit for that young man because of his attitude, his humbleness."
- Catherine Zeta-Jones in Brisbane Times
It is the appointment of UNEP's goodwill ambassador for the environment of a person who perhaps in the history of cricket stands out as unique, who is revered by millions of people across the world, who in his personality has humbleness in his... Achim Steiner http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achim_Steiner&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFXnmDH-91mw5K-6oDOYwcv4bdrhg Economic Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/Sachin-Tendulkar-becomes-UN-goodwill-ambassador/articleshow/5677550.cms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEnwn-py7tgzgdGfiWcCZYCYCIgow Mar 12, 2010
48674 65874 humbling I am absolutely thrilled with this honour," Zeta-Jones said. "As a British subject, I feel incredibly proud. At the same time, it is overwhelming and humbling. And my mum and dad are delighted beyond belief."