- n a feeling of self-respect and personal worth
- n satisfaction with your (or another's) achievements
he takes pride in his son's success
- n the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
- n a group of lions
- n unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- v be proud of
He prides himself on making it into law school
- In a country that rarely acknowledges homosexuality, let alone celebrates it, Hong Kong's first gay-pride parade was downright revolutionary.
- Delhi's first gay pride parade attracted more than 500 marchers.
- Sastre spoke on Spain's national evening news of his pride in bringing glory to his country.
News & Articles
- Gay pride fines: Russa passes anti-gay bill in 436-0 vote
Russa's 'gay pride fines' impose hefty fines for providing information about the LGBT community to minors or holding gay pride rallies. Individuals will be fined up to 5,000 rubles ($156) and 1 million rubles ($31,000) for a company, including media organizations. Foreign citizens arrested under the new law can be deported or jailed for up to 15 days and then deported.
June 12, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Pride at the White House
Every year since taking office, President Obama has invited members and allies of the LGBT community to celebrate Pride Month at the White House . Tomorrow, the President will host this event for the fifth time, to bring together national leaders, elected officials, faith leaders, members of the military and veterans community, and local advocates and organizers to reflect upon the progress we ...
June 12, 2013 - The White House
- Pride Worship Service set at UMC
The Pride Worship Service will be held at 7 p.m. Friday, June 21, at North Broadway United Methodist Church, 48 E. North Broadway.
June 11, 2013 - This Week Clintonville
- Barack Obama in Bizjournals.com
The answers to our problems don't lie beyond our reach. They exist in our laboratories and our universities; in our fields and our factories; in the imaginations of our entrepreneurs and the pride of the hardest-working people on Earth,Obama...
- Chet Culver in The Associated Press
I am especially saddened because the accident occurred during the events celebrating Independence Day, which is a day that should be filled with pride and joy for all Iowans and Americans,Culver said.
- Diego Maradona in bettor.com (blog)
To see Messi cry in the dressing room, whoever says that he doesn't feel pride for his team is stupid,said coach Diego Maradona.