funky : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s offensively malodorous
the kitchen smelled really funky
- s (of jazz) having the soulful feeling of early blues
- s stylish and modern in an unconventional way
she likes funky clothes
we did it all in black and white in a very funky sixties style
- s in a state of cowardly fright
- Here's a secret: you don't really need funky alternative fuels or an electric motor to trim your energy consumption on the road.
- The cloth wipes are even sold in "funky and fun" combinations.
- So Japanese architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa gave it a home that's part funky, part shimmery, an asymmetrical stack of boxes covered by a honeycomb of aluminum.
News & Articles
- Music: Prince - Ain't Gonna Miss U When U're Gone Ft. Ledisi
Prince taps sonsgtress Ledisi for a soulful and funky marriage on "Ain't Gonna Miss U When U're Gone."
June 14, 2013 - Singersroom
- Robin Thicke Reveals Release Date, Tracklist For New Album, ‘Blurred Lines’
Fresh off of topping the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart for the very first time with his funky new single, “Blurred Lines” featuring T.I. and Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke has revealed the release date and tracklist for his new album. The set, also titled Blurred Lines, will be released on July 30. Along with T.I. [...]
June 14, 2013 - Neon Limelight
- Dell'z Uptown gets funky in the Westside
Dell'z Deli has expanded its funky, healthy vibe to the Westside neighborhood with a new spot — called Dell'z Uptown — at 511 Rutledge Ave. Proprietor Maudell Grayson also owns and operates Dell'z Deli on Cannon Street and Dell'z Vibez, a juice bar on King Street. Dell'z Uptown is basically a hybrid of the two, with many of the vegan and vegetarian-friendly favorites found at the deli along with ...
June 13, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- Jon Drummond in CNN
It's funky, because you wanted to believe she was clean,said Jon Drummond, a gold medalist in the 400 relay in Sydney.
- Melvin Mora in USA Today
He threw funky, but he had a pretty good fastball,Mora said. "Maybe today was not one of his better days."
- Jeb Bush in Seattle Post Intelligencer
He had this really funky Gator beach towel that always seemed to show up after a storm was coming. He'd just park himself in that thing,Bush said with a laugh. "It will give me a warm feeling in my heart if I see him on TV and he has that...