- Rotten eggs turned out to be the cause of the fetid stench in the garbage can.
- Just after the pullout of the peace keeping force the bloodbath left fetid streets strewn with corpses.
- In Bellil's own case, it led to a horrific sequence of gang rapes, in which she was brutalized in fetid apartments and on the ground .
News & Articles
- Go ahead, overcook that eggplant
In its natural state, eggplant is tough, spongy and bitter — pretty vile, all in all. Generally, vegetables (especially ones with a reputation for being vile) do not benefit from overcooking — think fetid Brussels sprouts, gray peas, floppy asparagus. Eggplant is the opposite: Its unpleasantness is directly correlated with how undercooked it is. I would rather go hungry than eat a grill-marked ...
June 18, 2013 - The Columbian
- Subcomandante Marcos in ZNet
Those of us who have made war know how to recognize the paths by which it is prepared and brought near,Marcos said. "The signs of war on the horizon are clear. War, like fear, also has a smell. And now we are starting to breathe its fetid...
- Thucydides in Business Mirror
Thucydides wrote of "people in good health [who] were all of a sudden attacked by violent heats in the head, redness and inflammation in the eyes, the inward parts, such as the throat or tongue, becoming bloody and emitting an unnatural and fetid...
- Charles Krauthammer in World Magazine
Krauthammer says while Obama may not agree with the incendiary views of Wright and Ayers, it's alarming that he tolerated them for decades: "For many years he swam easily and without protest in that fetid pond."