- v restrain with fetters
- s bound by chains fastened around the ankles
- When Samson says, "My heels are fettered, but my fist is free," he displays the best and worst of Milton.
- Businesses are less fettered than they were when liberalization began 15 years ago, but some parts of the economy remain subject to the old restrictions.
- The View's hosts (including executive producer Barbara Walters) get away with this because they do what the more fettered media believe they can't: address issues people actually .
News & Articles
- From Spectator to Instigator; Mario Gotze Ready to Lead Bayern Munich in London
Hidden sheepishly under an oversized snapback in his seat at Wembley last May, it seemed like Mario Gotze didn’t know where to put himself. Watching his soon-to-be-ex club Borussia Dortmund take on his next club Bayern Munich in the 2013 Champions League final—a match he sat out due to injury—German football’s young star was strangely fettered on this most emotional of occasions. When Ilkay ...
Feb. 17, 2014 - Bleacher Report
- Alexander Hamilton in New York Times
The benign prerogative of pardoning should be as little as possible fettered or embarrassed,Alexander Hamilton wrote in The Federalist No.
- Nick Herbert in 24dash.com
I think of the experience of Muslims living in Europe who are subject to varied and continuous expressions of Islamophobia. I think of Christians living within some Muslim nations, who find themselves fettered by harsh and degrading restrictions,... Prince Charles http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles,_Prince_of_Wales&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH7u1woQcXqTCz0DPyYJkuTIJCwUg Middle East Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/%3Fid%3D16048&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHb49NCD-CXh4CVQXaX7a2bepne8w Mar 21, 2006
37101 47959 fettered Shadow justice secretary Nick Herbert said of the fraud sentencing proposals: Crimes of dishonesty where the most vulnerable are preyed upon should be treated seriously by the courts. Judges' discretion to jail con men should not be fettered,...