fumbling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v feel about uncertainly or blindly
- v make one's way clumsily or blindly
- v handle clumsily
- v make a mess of, destroy or ruin
- v drop or juggle or fail to play cleanly a grounder
- s showing lack of skill or aptitude
his fumbling attempt to put up a shelf
- For the true believers, he isn't fumbling - mistakes were made and he's taking the credit.
- The most difficult moments of my parenthood (so far) involved my fumbling attempts to discuss sex with my adolescent daughter.
- The hallmark of his characters is the fumbling confession of furtive love; but in this idealized Catalonia, where nothing romantic is forbidden, everything is beautiful, as .
News & Articles
- Plea Deal in Fatal Oshkosh Hit-and-Run
Prosecutors say Tina Trepanier was drunk and fumbling with a cell phone when she hit Gina Michelin last September.
June 14, 2013 - WBAY Green Bay
- 1978 Mercedes-Benz W123 Reviews - Page 2 of 2
The power windows are working, but I guess the last owner was fumbling with the electrical system, but I am fixing it. The brakes need to be serviced.
June 13, 2013 - Carsurvey.org
- Orlando Police recognize citizens for stepping up to help fight crime
Retired state highway trooper Sandra Bailey helped an Orlando police officer arrest a violent suspect. While Orlando police Sgt. Kevin Roberson struggled to arrest a violent traffic offender, he heard two pops, looked down between his legs and saw the man's hand fumbling with a revolver.
June 12, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
- Phil Jackson in Los Angeles Times
The big key with Drew is they wouldn't let him play,Jackson said Saturday. "They called a walk on him that wasn't a walk. He was fumbling the ball around and they were smacking him around. It was just a roughhouse game."
- Mark Gottfried in AUtigers.com (subscription)
With all of our troubles and miscues and fumbling and bumbling around we're sitting here with a chance to play for a Western Division Championship,Gottfried said, "and potentially an NCAA tournament berth. I don't think we're out of the...
- Devin Hester in Sports Network
After fumbling the early kick, I knew I had to do something to bring us back and turn the game around,Hester said.